Deepa coleads McKinsey’s digital-payments and fintech work in North America. Working with executives, she helps companies understand the disruptive technologies that are changing the nature of business, particularly in the banking and payments sectors. She brings particular expertise in the power and potential of digital payments.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- designing a new go-to-market strategy for a payment company to bring new digital-payments products to market
- transforming sales segmentation and coverage models for a fintech company
- leading a fintech company’s digital-transformation pilot, which included working with more than 40 cross-functional units
- developing a digital-banking business for a midsize bank
- designing a payments company’s agile operating model and setting up the first “lighthouse” effort for the new way of working
- helping a global cross-border payments company be more digitally focused by designing a five-year strategy to identify acquisitions, enhance digital-product development, and establish a digital approach to customer-life-cycle management
Deepa helped lead the McKinsey Global Institute’s research on the future of work, notably that regarding the impact of the gig economy and the rise of on-demand and independent work. She has also looked at the workforce implications of the automation age.
Before joining McKinsey, Deepa worked as a product manager at a seed-funded start-up and at prominent Silicon Valley companies.